Thursday 24 April 2008

April SHOWERS ??? and Hoopoe

More like Monsoon season (Again!) A N other of the Common Whitethroat after a bit of a touch up!!! what do you reckon??

Anyway my early morning trip to Priorslee was postponed firstly by the small shower, that dropped two thirds of an inch of water on to Telford, and then the sudden and abrupt loss of air in the rear tyre, it was unload all the gear change tyres and reload, glad it had abated slightly by then!!! Drip Drip.
I arrived at the aforementioned spot in the sunshine, not for long though. The first sound to reach my ears was the croaky song of a few Reed warblers in the reeds to the north of the lake. It was a real bugger trying to get a clear shot as they were keeping a bit low and fast but one ventured up high enough for a couple of good ones.



There was a Sedge warbler singing not to far away but I never caught sight of it at all, here comes the rain again, this time I had the wet weather gear me and the camera and lens being covered it was not really a problem!!! just inconvenient.

I forgot this one of the Cetti's a rough through the wire shot, it was the only (poor) shot I was going to get, still a nice record shot of a not very often seen bird.



So there you go up to date on the blogging front, its got to be a Dotterel weekend!!!

OR HOOPOE ;-) GOT and Red kite, cool now for the Dotterel

Cheers Paul







No comments:

Post a Comment