Monday 16 March 2009

Where did February go??

I assume that as it is now March, that February must have been and gone at sometime or other. And as such I missed it, with so much happening recently it was all I could do to get to Priorslee at times.

But a few trips to the Old Ancestral's, gave me opportunity to explore my old haunts around Exmoor and the Taw and Torridge estuaries, places that never cease to amaze, with the bio-diversity that exists in the ever, twice daily, changing environment.

So after a couple of weeks , where the whole setup was re-located and revamped, including a visit from an engineer to get things really rocking, I get back on line, at last!




The Stonechat was a right poser with a return to the same perch time after time. Whilst there were four Spoonbills on the salt marsh they stayed a good distance away, good scoping but a little to distant for anything other than a record shot or two.
Well with March already almost half way through and a day of not a great deal going on for a change, I decided to check out the local arables for the Hares, as luck would have it there they were after what seemed an age of absence.

A quick slap on the chops for even thinking about it!!
OK I;m ready, but be quick!!

Celebrating after a successful union!
I think a look at the moss might be in order, after a check on the Lesser spot in Apley wood, if it still around?
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment