Thursday 19 March 2009

Esturine goodies again.

With the food supply of estuaries being renewed and rejuvenated each tide, the diversity of the supported wildlife is staggering, Invertebrates, Birds, Fish & Mammals, which includes the greatest infestations on the planet, Mankind.
And we continue to wreak devastation everywhere we go.
Wigeon on the move.

This was the first time that I had seen the Whitefronted geese on the estuary,

I must admit I was well chuffed that they had got this far south, or had I just nissed them over my absence from watching the area.

This particular day the Shoveller were very active chasing eachother around




With the inrushing tide the Waders started their ablutions prior to the tidal roost.

Another of the geese.
At last a close fly by.

Not to be outdone these Bewicks appeared as if out of nowhere.






So there you go a bit from the South west, now back in the county I have been out today and there are a few more to come.
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment