Monday 30 March 2009

Of Woozels and hephalumps

Well no snow, no bush to follow them around either, but Rouzels " unless your Johnathon Ross then it really is woozles!" there was and in good numbers.The first one was sunning it's self on the slope as you dive up to the car park but promptly did a runner over the top, so I parks at the quarry expecting it to have moved into the area, that is until two dogs appeared unleashed and chased everything that moved , the male genital that had control!! got a mouth full of polite abuse, the dogs were soon leashed, it was he that looked more sheepish now!!!
Not to be outdone I braved the cold of the quarry and before long I could hear them calling on three sides, at first I thought it was an echo! gladly I was proven wrong six! yes six! Rouzels 3 Male and 3 not males were chasing around feeding in the then warming sunshine, "WHOOHOOO!" I thought to myself, and so I proceeded to fill my boots for the next hour.

A very accommodating Male.

Stokesay proved a worthwhile stop on the way back, as I was looking for Grey wagtail or Dipper this nice BOP drifted over a bit high but hey!!

OH! And of course the also ran at the clee, were a lot more Wheatears, trying to find one with no leg adornments, was a real problem, in fact I failed on that one, they was all 'blinged up man'!!




Not to be outdone by the female the male soon turned up, displaying his bling.


It was home for some scran and a well earned snooze in the armchair! with the South having been done for a while it will be the Mosses next weather permitting, and enough browny points earned!!
Cheers Paul









No comments:

Post a Comment