Friday 27 March 2009

No Rouzels! But check out the Bling!!

Up and out real early this morning on a Rouzel hunt! on the Titterstone Clee, the wind was stronger than a Saturday morning in the sea watching hide at Dungeness!!but thankfully not as pungent
The quarry was bare not a peep, sqauk or anything else and blooming cold
A walk back to the car park finally produce a few Wheatear all chasing each other around in the strong wind, and certainly staying far away from me. Dropping into the lee of one of the mounds , on the down track, I found this Stunning male Stonechat flashing some serious bling man, surprised he could get of the ground with that lot on.So not having seen a Ring necked Parrakeet for a little while it was of to St Milborough to stand around for an hour or two with a no show, but this little Siskin proved to be really co-operative and added another bit of colour into the day.!


A few things needing doing in town left me with a few hours to spend in my local wood, Apley!
I am Glad I did as I got my first Chiff chaff of the year and a Nuthatch trying to reduce an old Woodpecker hole until suitable for habitation. It was like watching a wasp building its nest as it gathered mud and worked it around the edges.
The other side!

And then finally a couple shots of the Chiff chaff just for the record , nice bird to end the day with
The light was not doing me any favours.
So two days of rain forecast for the weekend might mean a couple of Duvet days and loads of admin !!!
Cheers
Paul





No comments:

Post a Comment