Tuesday 28 April 2009

Osprey at Venus Pools, at last!

Having returned from a visit to North Devon I was expecting things to start hotting up a bit with the impending weather fronts about to hit the region. I am glad to say I was not disappointed, much!! A call on the Sunday gave me the information on Whinchat, Tree Pipit and Grouse along with Golden plover on the Mynd, Bugger fuel at a premium it was a no go so I delightedly "right" dipped! "not" So consoled myself with this very obliging,

Common Whitethroat.Then on the Monday evening late breaking news of an Osprey at VP had me squirming in my seat as a pre agreed appointment kept me away, then it went North East, So a chance of it returning in the morning?? I would have to wait.


Well I met Rob at the Reserve, who was also hoping to get the Osprey, well we sat and discussed things and then some more whilst watching Yellow wagtails and Common sandpipers, in the end we both were of the mind to pack up and try later in the evening! you know just in case. And as if on key there it was coming in from the river Severn area the direction it gone the previous evening,,,, "WHOOHOOO!! " and the camera, for a change was ready, as it circled dived , no catch, and flew around unperturbed by the entourage of crows etc. A brief visit to the trout pool and it was back as you can see.





WE both, Rob and I agreed the wait was worth it, a good show before it departed gaining height to the North west the seemingly normal route for passing Ospreys.

So enjoy your week.
Cheers
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment