Monday 13 April 2009

Hare today gone tomorrow??

With the report of Common scoter at Colemere it was enough to get me out of my bed early, in fact it was so early I had time to stop of and check to see if the Hare were out to play. I was pleased to see them out in the open for a change, and doing what seems to come naturally to Hare.
The over zealous males in the group were going mad as one of the females was in season probably again!!
and his attentions were not wanted

they joined in some of the best boxing so far this year.

it went on and on for ages.

with all of them joining in at one stage.

Eventually they seemed to settle down and I moved on,,, no scoters so I took a look along the river, and grabbed a few shots just for the hell of it!

Sandmartins were chasing each other around in the sunshine.

and checking out the local residence's. there were four Barnacle geese on the river.

Along with a pair of Goosander that seemed to have fallen out! Ahhh! domestic bliss?

Then all of sudden my pass had expired as it was after Easter Sunday and I was expected to do Easter things.
Cheers
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment