Monday 26 May 2008

Another wonderful day in Shropshire,,,, NOT

With the promise of rain, the day was not to be one to stand out in the annuls of history in the county. So it was with this in mind I decided to try and get a few in flight shots of Swift!
cricky them buggers move fast, near on broke me neck following them as they whirled around me.
To find myself amongst a flock of low flying screaming Sift was unbelievable, and kepyt me on my toes ducking on several occasions, bringing memories of the Farnes and Terns.

Not to be outdone this Pied wagtail also joined in the feast of the flies low over the pools.

Moveing as the wind, all over the place! they were proving difficult to pin down.

The aerodynamic shape is phenominal as is the speed.

The Corn bunting was still sitting in the top of the Oak tree singing in the rain.

With a trip to Holland on business next week with some opportunities for some birding there are bound to be a picture or two.
Paul





No comments:

Post a Comment