Saturday 24 November 2007

ROUND THE BACK!

As I suggested to myself on the last blog, I ought to get to the small woodland trail and check out if the Alders had attracted the normal late year Siskins? Well I was not disappointed. There were around 8 to 12 in the flock with a smaller number of Redpolls. They were not the first I had seen in this part of the year as in amongst the flock of finches feeding in my garden was a lone male just the other day.


Thinking about feeders I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that the blue feeders are needing topping up every other day whilst the green ones are every four days ! so the relevance of this? I do not know but it would be interesting to find out if others find this or something similar happens at their feeders?

What else was going on around the place? Well, in the hedge along the path toward the Oak tree, amongst the finches was a fine Brambling, hard to pick out to start as they were certainly a bit flighty from all the disturbance from the birders going to and fro. And then a nice find of a Lesser redpoll .





Every night at around 18:00 a group of Grey lag geese pas over the house of to their roost, well tonight I decided to try and get a shot of them as they passed the full moon! what a joke! 83 exposures and only managed this one as a keeper, useing the street lighting and security lights as a last resort sort of worked!!


And finally a Redpoll.

All this coupled with Mute swan's fighting as they repelled borders made for a reasonable day out in the sunshine all be it a bit cold.

So hope to see you again.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment