Thursday 15 November 2007

Ramblings !

No not Bramblings, ramblings you know? wonder around aimlessly looking for everything and finding nothing, well nothing out of the ordinary at least. The Little Auk wreck did not reach Priorslee or the Meres! go figure.

My wanderings finally got me to the Granville Country park, a bird of prey (BOP) raising out of the fields got my attention. Definitely a hawk, bit red, odd! Harris Hawk on the Granville? until that is, I met an old friend of mine who was out exercising his Hawk, and not doing to bad, judging by the bulges in his prey sack.

It was quite impressive looking back down into the vale of Wellington, the mist was obscuring everything, even looking abit photogenic! A pair of Jays squabbling in the nearby trees brought me back to reality, or was it despondence, at the lack of movement. The Gull flock over the landfill was impressive but as far as I could tell, did not find anything in amongst them.

The Mist was clearing slowly as the temperature crept up and produced a good few sightings along the edge of the wood by the old washing ponds. Bullfinch was a pleasing record for the day, that splash of colour in the otherwise sort of monochrome backdrop really stood out. The final total was five, three males the rest females. A group of Long tailed tits dribbled past carrying a couple of Goldcrests and a Treecreeper, along with the normal blue and Great tits. Odd I don't recall finding Coal tits moving in these flocks, something to look out for I suppose?

Enough ramblings from me, I will drop a couple of shots from the other day under here, as usual would appreciate comments and or dialogue.






Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment