Wednesday 19 May 2010

Sauron sends a sign!!

With the chance of a Gropper and still needing a decent shot of a Green Hairstreak and Brimstone.
 Leaving it later then normal for getting to the Moss I was fully expecting to not hear much as I
tramped along the Towpath toward the last reported sighting of the Grasshopper Warbler.
It was an amazing morning warm and a lot of narrow boats moving along the canal, with
people supping tea as the engine burbled along at a sedate pace. Felt as if I was running
compared to the Narrow boats .
Standing quietly by the hedge proved my thoughts, it was very quiet, then after 20 minutes
a short reel got me onto my target for the day, as luck would have it, it moved into view,
briefly, but long enough for several bursts, and then it did it again, so I was well chuffed.
A quick coffee, and I was soon onto the other two species I was after, as you will see.


Grumpy looking bugger!


The Brimstone were in fine form.

As were the Green Hairstreak.


OH! I nearly forgot those terns that passed through VP
the other day well here they are.The Lapwing were
arguing amongst them selves

And as usual very vocal.


Not a bad day out really, mind you I will have to return for those darned
Adders they are being very elusive for me, yet lots are being seen. We
shall see.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment