Wednesday 5 May 2010

No Dotties.

Having attended an eightieth birthday in Devon, the normal happened A text Dotterel Long Mynd, dang namit!!
oh well maybe next year? then another text Avocet, Grrr! two dips in one day. But some nice birthday cake!!!
So I got back and as soon as possible was going to go up the Mynd, Monday night I saw they were still there, unfortunately the forecast was for a clear night and I new darn well they would be gone. But not to be put off I still got there early. Should have stayed in bed a bit longer?So a little look around was in order, glad I did as another of the "missed it"! birds dropped in the sights.
A stunning male Common Redstart.



That treated me to some awesome vocals.




And a Willow Warbler that was practically under my feet for a while.





Well I suppose you cant win em all it will be very unlikely to see Dotties again this year.
Cheers
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment