Wednesday 20 May 2009

First Damsels of the year

Up with the Lark! not a bloody chance, they were singing at 04:30 this morning and for a real long time, I could actually hear them from the comfort of my bed. Then the normal background noise of human infection overcame the natural and they were gone, until the daily alarm flew over the house on their way to the local pool, darn Canada Geese.Dragged myself up seemingly normal o'clock and did the return visit for the Reed warbler shot I was after!
Nice? I Agree close clear good detail, but not what I was after.
Now these were more like it Reed warblers on reed and not in the trees much better.

And not obscured by loads of reeds either.

The background here is more like it dark giving the reeds that glow.

Now not only did I have a nice Large red but also a nice new Common Blue also a very large Carder Bee, Scorpion fly's and alder flys the place is really starting to get going at last Dragonflies soon, actually saw one large red some three weeks ago but the weather seems to have suspended the mass emergence this year, I think.
Cheers
Paul




No comments:

Post a Comment