Thursday 2 May 2013

Is it really that long?

With the passage of time bordering on three months since I last Blogged, or had any material for that matter
I finally have been able to get out and around a few sites.
The snow thwarted two attempts to get Black Grouse in the snow, what with roads blocked. But perseverance finally paid of and a fantastic display of male aggression was watched and listened to.

A beautiful Male.

Strutting his stuff.

"Come on then!"

I hope my bum looks big?

Come on Black Grouse? really!

The early light really brought out the colours.
 So after a few hours of burbling calls and a few scraps they were of to feed, the females remaining well hidden just watching to see which hunk was to get their charms this year.
The other little gem was this confiding female Wheatear, posing very nicely as if we were not there at all

u like me taller?

Cutesy crouch perhaps?

or just my best side.

The rest of the day proved most productive, and the rain held off for a good while, thankfully.


 Cheers, more to come soon
Paul

















No comments:

Post a Comment