Sunday 23 January 2011

Things come in threes, except london busses!

In as many days I had dipped on three good county birds, Black-bellied Brant, White-fronted Goose and a Ruddy Shelduck, not what I said though. So when the report of a Juvenile Glaucous Gull  was received I had just arrived at VP for a look at the ice!! sadly it had moved on by the time I got there.
A hang over from the last visit to the North Wales coast Meadow Pipit


Stealing the SnowBunting seeds..

Juvenile Glaucous Gull at Trench pool.


Bit of a wash and brush up


A quick flap around the pool.


Some more washing


And a lot more flying around


Touch down




Nice to get it at reasonably close range with the sky brightening up slightly during two visits on Sunday morning I only saw the one bird, but who knows if we have two juveniles floating around??

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment