Friday 5 November 2010

Tales from Sleepy Hollow!!

It's getting a bit like a tale of spooky empty woods with all the migrants now left for warmer climes. Think I got my migration pattern a bit wrong this year!! However with the warmer than average weather I was amazed at the number of flowers still in bloom and or bud in my small local wood I counted 27 species overall. Sadly the majority of fungi had been done in by the heavy rain.
So with another near fruitless trawl around it was back to the old favourites for this time of year.
So here you go a bit of what is about, ish!










 

With the final shot of a juvenile Black-tailed Godwit at VP to add some spice to an otherwise uninspiring few days , hoping it will buck up or off! over the next few weeks, them Waxwings are closing in!!!

Cheers
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment