Wednesday 24 March 2010

Working on the rain tan and wind burn.

The prospect of a long drive back to Devon, loomed ever nearer, until M54 and M5 back ups, tail backs and road works kept me entertained for a very long time. Don't get me wrong, I love going home to wander the cliffs and beaches but weather had a very different idea on this, as it persisted it down all the time and it was blowing close to gale force 8.
So after, what seemed like forever in the rain chasing Stonechats, tick, I managed to get a quick Shag in the outer harbour, tick. A coffee and good breakfast later the sun appeared for a whole 30 minutes and I got another, Wheatear in the grassy slopes above the cliffs, tick.
After that it was Rock Pipit, tick. But the rain was back and even harder. The gear held up really well, nice dry camera, nice dry me, well almost I forgot to reproof the boots before going damn it.
So some of the captures for the day.





So a little rain never hurt anyone so why stay in when it is pi***ng down get prepared and get out. The birds do thats for sure.
Paul







No comments:

Post a Comment