Sunday 4 January 2009

No bang for 2009!!

With the county hidden under a blanket of fog and freezing weather it was with trepidation that I set out for the first day of the year count. With the temperature in the "-" figures I knew it would mot be long before old Jack would be nipping on the fingers and toes
The first hour was spent trying to find a petrol station open to ensure a return journey, the first port of call was VP, of course! just to get the numbers off to a flying start!!! not sure I should have bothered? the water was all stiff "come on Bambi try it" made me smile.
Of course, with Waxies in the county it was a forgone conclusion they should be in the list for the day, along with the Longnor Dippers. So off I went, stopping to take those AHHH! pretty shots for the family, on the way. Several people had had them earlier in the day so I was alone with Waxwings which did not give a damn if I was there or not, even a people puller and owner! walked right under them with no reaction at all. It was brill,

The hoar frost was not as bad as I had expected so the birds were busy testing for the thawed ones, which gave plenty of opportunities for photography.

Confiding was not the word.


The frosty berries were just the icing on the cake, so to speak and with 87 on the list for day one, I wondered what I would do with myself over the next few days. Looks like Priorslee might be coming into vogue once more with two good county ticks. we shall see.
Cheers
Paul


1 comment:

  1. can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks

    ReplyDelete