Sunday 14 September 2008

Mist clearing by 11:00!!! or 12,13,14,15 ish o'clock

You would be forgiven for thinking, that with millions of pounds worth of Satellites, Computers of infinite complexity and the cumulative wisdom of countless years of Weather forecasting! they would be able to get at least one or two days right? wouldn't you?

A little unkind perhaps! as every day they said it would rain it did,, buggers! So I suppose that, being the given, and it being of a higher percentage than Sunny days they must be fairly accurate overall ?

This mornings mist was not welcome at all ,as every where I went it was a real job tracking down the birds, Haughmond Woods were about the most successful with not one but two Tawny Owls seen huddled up against the trunks of a couple of pines, in woods pictures? fraid not.

So giving up I was at Venus Pools to watch nothing for a While before going to Berrington pools to see a few of the late Dragons., so here you go just a couple for the moment as they were the only ones catchable!!!


Migrant Hawker

Again just closer

And again
Not to often do I get to place my choice on a shot but this one got me as it was coming out of a bit of mist as if the wing tips were stirring the murk, looks much better when seen at the 100% size, believe me!!!
More later perhaps
Cheers
Paul

5 comments: