Sunday 3 February 2008

I had the wind today!

When I finally dragged my lazy arse out of my bed this morning I knew I was going to have to contend with the wind and the low levels of light, but what the hec I needed the air having been stuck in front of this putor thing for what seems like weeks finalising an article on bio-diversity in monocropping!! hey! go figure there are over 270 viable uses for Elephant grass where as Rape is really a one thing only (oil) crop that needs a good rotation where as Elephant grass being rhizomic just keeps growing even after flooding its well good.

SO what did I do, I drove up to Weston coyney to view the Long eared owls all three in the same pine tree, and they were being whipped around in the wind like a tissue in a wind tunnel.

So a couple of jason shots later I gave up.
So I spent a couple of hours around the visitor centre, nice hot coffee and toilets al in all an nice country park to mooch about. The Yammers were very keen on some of my seed from the bean bag as were the Bullfinch's.


OH! sorry if you are trying to double click for high res images but I have moved the imeages and it won't work, apps.



There it is my windy sunday but a defo RTN place when the Shropshire area is a bit quite!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment