Thursday 13 December 2007

oooooooooh! IT'S GONE STIFF!

At stupid o'clock this morning for some reason I got up and set of for a bit of flog around the county, in the vain hope of finding some odds and sods! I think you all know, by now, it was BRRRRRRR! at under the magic number by some figure or other.

With such a hard frost there was the possibility of some nice shots of Stonechat on frosted heather, or Brambling on the crunchy grass, I know , I Know! ever the pessi optimist.
Arriving at Church stoke you could tell it was cold there was only one ball on the pawn brokers sign, just! and the burr way was a very interesting, slide a bit here, clench a buttock or two here and a slide a bit more over there. But make I did.

So to the birds found well first stop was Pole cottage and a Blackbird and Coal tit were the only locals found with a fly over Raven, no grouse and definitely no Brambling.

Not deterred it was down the other side to Bridges a Couple of Blackbirds and after about an hour of searching nothing else!! weird.

So to save the day lets look at Venus Pool, HMM! it was stiff virtually all over as a few teal found out after an ice enema put a look of surprise on their faces, if you can say that? a couple of BOP's Kestrel and Buzzard dripped through, in the main a bit dire. but not as cold as the Mynd.
So to prove a point.

It's gone stiff!




Another one done and tomorrow it will, be better!!! As I go after the Golden plover ha! now that should be a laugh as they have just done some spreading on the 110 acre field , nose peg to the fore me thinks. I can see this being a "get your kit of,,,,, outside, smelly" bit of a day. I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks for the visit.
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment